5 best bars in CM old cityApril 24, 2019
20 places to go in Chiang Mai old cityApril 24, 2019
8 things to bring to Chiang Mai
- Hand-held fan – this will come as no shock to you, but Chiang Mai is HOT! Having a small hand-held fan is a great way to cool down when you’re walking around the city. Don’t have one to bring? No worries! They are available for purchase all over the city.
- Comfortable shoes – walking around Chiang Mai Old City is a great way to spend a day, you’ll discover magical soi’s (alley-ways) and amazing shops and restaurants. Just make sure to pack comfortable shoes so you can spend some time exploring!
- Space in your suitcase for shopping – If there is something Chiang Mai is not lacking, it’s shopping. Everywhere you turn, there are more unique and inexpensive goods for yourself or your friends back home! It is definitely a good idea to plan some space in your suitcase.
- Antacids – If you’re not used to the food in Thailand, it is a wise decision to pack some antacids so your stomach doesn’t stop you from trying all of the amazing foods in Chiang Mai!
- Patience – Thailand operates on “Thai Time”, so plan ahead for traffic and everything running just a little behind schedule.
- A smile – Thailand is affectionately known as the land of 10,000 Smiles, so be sure to bring yours when you travel to Chiang Mai! Even if you don’t speak the language, a smile goes a long way and is always well-received!